Tuesday, February 28, 2012

floors.

It took awhile.  My friends David and Rob, my dad and myself learned what putting "blood, sweat and tears into a house" really means.  After taking 7 days from work and even a few extra weekends to install our bamboo floors we wrapped up the install.

[We started in the master bedroom.]

[A little more than half of the master the first day.]

After the first day it was smooth sailing until I hit the first challenge; the door frames.  We had to undercut some of the door frames so that the sections of bamboo could be fitted nicely underneath.  We carried the bamboo into our upstairs hallway and all the way to the stairs.  The guest rooms and stairs were later carpeted.

[The first door frame.]
 

After wrapping up the upstairs, down the stairs we went and to start on the first floor.  After a lot of hard work nearly every board was locked.  The transitions and stairway landing were installed by my builder and carpenter.  I'm really happy with the install and glad I opted to save Steph and I a bunch of money.

[Starting the install on the first floor.]

No comments:

Post a Comment