Wednesday, July 13, 2011

water and power

Wow - that's definitely the first word that comes to mind.  It looks like Appalachian Power (AEP) was busy today.

As Steph, Barley, Telli and I surfaced on the mountain tonight we quickly noticed that AEP had installed all of the poles.  I couldn't believe it - six poles installed in one day!  They even had time to install the transformers and run a line to my temporary pole.  William, the AEP project manager, told me they'd have power installed in three days once they had a chance to start the project, but honestly, I didn't take him seriously - boy was I wrong.

AEP wasn't the only one on the mountain today.  We quickly noticed that the well rig was on site and ready to drill.  I imagine they'll start drilling tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I left the video camera at home today but I was able to download some pics from the game camera.  Since the well rig was a little too far away to trip the sensor, we only picked up a few shots when the gravel was delivered.

 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment